While there are many humanitarian agencies helping refugees around the world, the main organization is the United Nations Refugee Agency. One of the most important jobs has been to try to manage waste and provide clean water in an effort to prevent diseases like cholera (コレラ). Good news on that front:
Here is the United Nations Refugee Agency website, Rohingya Refugee Emergency at a Glance .
To help us better understand the how the United Nations and other organizations are working on this terrible problem, let’s explore more deeply. First, let’s look at Figures at a Glance.
Next, read the following article (select the best level for you) . Using information from both the Figures at a Glance website and the article, answer the ten questions below:
Questions to think about…
- What is a “forcibly displaced person”?
- What types of “forcibly displaced persons” are there?
- What is a “refugee”?
- Where do most refugees come from?
- Which countries have the most refugees?
- What is an “asylum seeker”?
- Does your country offer asylum to refugees?
- What is an “internally displaced person”?
- Are there any “internally displaced people” in your country?