A first-day assignment
- First, find someone you don’t know (very well). Sit next to each other.
- Next, find out as much information as you can about each other in a few minutes. Take notes.
- Finally, introduce your partner to the rest of the class. (Don’t read sentences!)
- Make eye contact.
- Start with “small talk” (the weather, this classroom, etc.)
- Move on to easy questions, such as:
- When you were a kid, what movie did you watch a lot?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Cats or dogs?
- What’s the best trip you’ve ever taken?
- If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- And so on…