Many of you asked why the majority of people in UK voted to leave the European Union. This class will look at a couple of answers.
First is Alexander Betts. Try to understand what he thinks was the reason people in Britain voted to leave the European Union. What evidence does he give to support his idea?
Next is Carole Cadwalladr. She has a very different idea about what happened. (This has only English subtitles. Try to understand her main points. Don’t worry about the small details too much.) What does she think was the reason people in Britain voted to leave the European Union. What evidence does she give to support her idea?
Discus these questions with your neighbors first. Then write your answer in the reply below:
- What was Alexander Betts main point?
- What evidence did he give to support that point?
- What was Carole Cadwalladr’s main point?
- What evidence did she give to support that point?
- Which talk do you believe more and why?
If you still are not sure about what Brexit is, this video may help you.